Over the years I have been told many times, "you need to write a book". Well, I don't know that I will ever feel called to write a book or have the time, so this may be the closest thing to it.

I am a little silly, a bit out spoken and 100% sold out for God! I could not have ever walked the path I have without my friends and family and most of all my God! Through this blog my greatest desire it that it shows the love of a savior and the amazing grace and mercy he has shown through my life!

Sunday, December 29, 2013

My Resolution


As 2013 comes to a close and I head into 2014 it is that time again to reflect on the past year and look forward to the coming one.  I have never been big on making New Year's Resolutions, but rather looking inward to those things I hope to improve upon as I move forward.  I am reminded of one of the many Bible verses that God continually reminds me of.  Philippians 1:6 says "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Ultimately my number one "resolution" is live my life 100% sold out for God.  This has always been my goal in life, but because we are human I am never where I need to be.  I fail everyday and yet I strive to be better each day!  I want people to look at me and say, "Wow, she's different".  In a world where people find less and less need for God, I continually need Him more and more.

We live in a harsh world, surrounded by hurting people who in turn hurt others.  A great friend once reminded me that hurt people..hurt people!    Putting this perspective into my daily view has really helped me to let go of wrongs that others have committed against me.  When someone says or does something to hurt us we have two choices....
#1 We can take offense.  Record their wrong and put up a wall to keep from getting hurt.
or
#2 We can offer up grace, mercy and forgiveness and refuse to let it define ourselves and our relationship with that person.
The problem with choice #1 is that ultimately we are the one hurt when we decide to take that path.  I will choose to forgive more and know that nothing someone says or does to me defines me unless I allow it.


I pray that as you head into this new year you take the time to look within and think about what areas you can grow in.  Choose to change a direction that takes you one step closer to your savior.  Make a change that restores broken relationships, treats people with love and kindness and choose to forgive and love each other.    Above all else always, I mean always choose  to step in a direction that sets you closer to God.  Matter what everyone else says or does choosing God and His ways, even when it seems unpopular is always the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment