Over the years I have been told many times, "you need to write a book". Well, I don't know that I will ever feel called to write a book or have the time, so this may be the closest thing to it.

I am a little silly, a bit out spoken and 100% sold out for God! I could not have ever walked the path I have without my friends and family and most of all my God! Through this blog my greatest desire it that it shows the love of a savior and the amazing grace and mercy he has shown through my life!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

We Have Sold Our Children a Lie


As I have watched my daughter grow up into a woman I have spent time observing the generation in which she lives in.  It pains my heart as a mother to see so many girls compromise who they are for the love of another.  It saddens my heart to see so many young girls so easily give a piece of themselves that they can never get back to someone else so easily and without any thought of the repercussions. I feel as if we have sold our children a lie that love can only be expressed by having sex, that sex is so casual that it is not taken serious, and that sex before marriage is the norm and if you choose to wait you are strange or weird. 

We live a world that has taught our children to do whatever feels right for you.  The sad thing is that in turn we have not taught them to consider others above themselves.  We have turned into a selfish society that considers first themselves and what we will get out of it.  We have raised a generation who believes that if it feels good it cant be bad. 

We havent taught our sons to respect a woman and how to cherish her.  We havent taught our sons that, true manhood does not seek to compromise a womans purity, it will heroically protect it. 

We failed to teach our daughters that they never need to compromise who they are to earn the love of another.  We spend childhood letting girls play princess, but we fail to teach them the value of being treated like a princess.  A princess is cherished, a princess is protected and a princess is sought after and regarded with high esteem.  I witness a generation of girls who have never been taught that true modesty is so much more than a hemline; it is an interior disposition that influences not only how we dress, but our thoughts and actions (Leah Darrow).

We have failed to teach our children both sons and daughters what the real definition of love is.  Love is patientit waits.  Love puts the others needs above its own.  Love is not a feeling, it is an action, it is a commitment. 

Sex is a beautiful thing. It was made for intimacy, connection, and fun. This is why when the relationships dont last and you continue to have multiple partners you begin to feel unstable, angry, frustrated, you stop trusting, and the beauty of love and sex are lost to your emotions.  Every time you have sex with someone you give a piece of yourself that you can never get back, you create emotional ties that are not easily broken.  You open yourself up to situations and ever lasting consequences that can alter who you are, where you are headed in life and every relationship you are in after that. 

I have never met one person who waited until marriage regret their decision.  I do however know of countless woman who have regretted the decision to give themselves sexually before marriage.  It is a decision that can alter your destination in life and more than that it often leaves behind emotional scars that can follow you through your whole life.  

The good news is even if you've made bad choices, it's not over.  God can take what is broken, any mistake you've made and He can redeem.  We can leave the past where it is and prepare/hope for a better future.  Standing up to society and refusing to compromise is not easy in the world we live in, but the benefits are worth it.

Take His Word for it:
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" (2Corn. 5:17)

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come" (Prov. 31:25)



1 comment:

  1. Very true and so well spoken. I hope and pray that I can raise my son to be a real man who respects women and himself.

    ReplyDelete