Over the years I have been told many times, "you need to write a book". Well, I don't know that I will ever feel called to write a book or have the time, so this may be the closest thing to it.

I am a little silly, a bit out spoken and 100% sold out for God! I could not have ever walked the path I have without my friends and family and most of all my God! Through this blog my greatest desire it that it shows the love of a savior and the amazing grace and mercy he has shown through my life!

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

An Old Soul


Back in June a someone shared something with me and it has really resonated with me though the last few months.  I read it, reread again, pray about it and reflect on what they may look like in my future.  Here was what it said

 

“It’s become such a rarity nowadays to find someone to fall in love with and stay in love with.  People seem to forget how beautiful it is to grow old with someone, to build and witness someone’s progression and to conquer obstacles as a team instead of facing them alone.  I guess it’s safe to say there is not enough thrill in it for them.  There is no thrill in comfortability and knowing someone like the back of your hand.  I guess that is why you can call me an old soul.  I don’t need to go out all the time and switch people every other week to fill my boredom with temporary happiness.  I always wanted something real, someone so genuine that they’re worth lasting a lifetime with.  Someone who’s willing to invest the time and effort that’s needed to win instead of forfeiting when there’s “no coming back”.  I understand it’s nearly impossible nowadays to count on someone with all your heart and mind and soul.  It’s more dangerous than anything.  I guess that is why you can count me as one of the rare ones.  I’m want to be in it not just for a reason, season or lifetimeI am in it for all three.”

 

This so eloquently describes what I have always wanted in a relationship.  I cannot begin to count all the times I thought, “I just want someone who is willing to fight for me as hard as I would fight for them.”  I guess the question I began to ponder was, does that kind of love really exist?   I am a dreamer?  Is that forever kind of love just an old-fashioned dream and doesn’t really exist anymore?  Is there really someone who will ever be willing to fight for me?

 

I looked at my life and thought, “this isn’t how my life was supposed to be”.  I had hopes, dreams and this not a part of that.  Sometimes life feels like a punch in the stomach.  It’s becomes hard to believe that a good God actually has a plan for my life when everything I believed was shattered into pieces. I doubted at times that I would ever find happiness again.

 

When I feel this way I hold onto two verses:

 

“For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harms you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 29:11

“Many are the plans in a person’s heart,

But it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”

~Proverbs 19:21

 

I reminded myself that God made everything out of nothing and he can make something beautiful from the ashes of a life hoped for that seem to be laid out before me.  He will make a way when there isn’t one that I can see.  His words make things come to be, and His breath makes dead things come to life.  He breaths into my circumstances.  He can take the broken pieces of my life and bring something good out of it.  Hopelessness is not a part of God’s plan for me.  God redeems and restores his creation, and I am no exception. 

 

God amazes me every day.  I wake up with a new song on my lips every morning.  I find things each day that bring a smile to my face.  I feel hopeful.  Hopeful that I will have a beautiful life, even if that life looks different than I thought it would.  I believe that God can and will fill my life much happiness and joy in the future.  I feel God’s peace, grace and joy more and more every day.  Even on tough days I have lots of reasons to smile. 


Do I still believe in that forever love?

 Absolutely!

 

Do I believe there is another old soul out there who’s willing to invest the time and effort that’s needed to win instead of forfeiting when there’s “no coming back”.?

100%

 

There was a time when I looked at my life and couldn’t see anything but broken pieces of shattered hopes and dreams.  Now I see hope.  Now I see a future filled with laughter and happiness.  I don’t know God’s full plan for my future, but I know that He has only good things for me, and I can trust that, even when my human eyes may not see it. 

2 comments: