Over the years I have been told many times, "you need to write a book". Well, I don't know that I will ever feel called to write a book or have the time, so this may be the closest thing to it.

I am a little silly, a bit out spoken and 100% sold out for God! I could not have ever walked the path I have without my friends and family and most of all my God! Through this blog my greatest desire it that it shows the love of a savior and the amazing grace and mercy he has shown through my life!

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Who will you believe?

 


I don’t know about you, but I often struggle with all the voices around me telling me things about myself.  Sometimes, those voices are from friends and family.  Sometimes it is voices from my past, and sometimes, even my own voice that echoes in my head. 

When the voices cloud out the truth about who God says I am, I need a reminder of the Truth He has said about me.   I learned years ago that the best way for me to remember who God says I am is by writing down and memorizing Bible verses about who God says I am.

Here are some favorites…

 

I will never be shaken.

I wait quietly before God,
    for my victory comes from him.
 He alone is my rock and my salvation,

    my fortress where I will never be shaken.

Psalm 62:1-2


I am bold as a lion.

The wicked run away when no one is chasing them,
    but the godly are as bold as lions.

Proverbs 28:1


No weapon formed against me will stand.

But in that coming day
    no weapon turned against you will succeed.
You will silence every voice
    raised up to accuse you.
These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord;
    their vindication will come from me.
    I, the Lord, have spoken!

Isaiah 54:17


God will always lead me to triumph

But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ’s triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume.

2 Corinthians 2:14

 

I cannot be separated from God’s love.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

Romans 8:38

 

I am chosen by God.

Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.   God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.

Ephesians 1:4-5

I am God’s workmanship and created for Good works.

 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Ephesians 2:10

 

I have not been given a spirit of fear.

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control].

2 Timothy 1:7

I am wonderfully made

I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

Wonderful are Your works,

and my soul knows it very well.

Psalm 139:14

 

I am beautiful

 And how will they preach unless they are commissioned and sent [for that purpose]? Just as it is written and forever remains written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!”

Romans 10:15


I am fully known & lavishly loved by God.

 I am the Good Shepherd, and I know [without any doubt those who are] My own and My own know Me [and have a deep, personal relationship with Me]—

John 10:14

 

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you [and approved of you as My chosen instrument],

Jeremiah 1:5 a


I am special

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a consecrated nation, a [special] people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies [the wonderful deeds and virtues and perfections] of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

1 Peter 2:9

 

I am set apart.

for you are a holy people [set apart] to the Lord your God; and the Lord has chosen you out of all the peoples who are on the earth to be a people for His own possession.

Deuteronomy 14:2

But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself [and dealt wonderfully with] the godly man [the one of honorable character and moral courage—the one who does right]. 

The lord hears and responds when I call to Him.

Psalm 4:3

 

Who God says I am is infinitely more important than what the world says.   I am the only one who decides if what others say has power over me. 

Today I chose to believe what God says about me.

 

How about you… who will you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment