Over the years I have been told many times, "you need to write a book". Well, I don't know that I will ever feel called to write a book or have the time, so this may be the closest thing to it.

I am a little silly, a bit out spoken and 100% sold out for God! I could not have ever walked the path I have without my friends and family and most of all my God! Through this blog my greatest desire it that it shows the love of a savior and the amazing grace and mercy he has shown through my life!

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Will I Ever get that Spark Back?

 


There is times in all of our lives when we face great tragedy.   We will experience gut wrenching loss and hardship.  Life can sometimes knock you to the ground and you feel like you may never get up again. 

Miscarriages. The death of a parent.   The end of marriage.

I’ve been there.   I have felt the sorrow of all of these.  It’s a deep brokenness.  The kind that rips you apart from the inside out.  The kind of pain that steals your joy and steals the sparkle that once filled your eyes.  The bounce from your step.  The smile from your face.  

You begin to fell like sadness has become your way of life.  Will you ever be happy again.  Is this your fate.   You walk through life feeling like you are on autopilot.   Will it be like this forever?

Tragedy changes us.  It will change how you look at life.  It changes how we experience the world around us and how we relate to others.   Some tragedy that we experience will have a lasting impact on the rest of our lives. 

But

You don’t have to live in sadness forever.  You can get back that spark.  You can experience that bounce in your step again.  One day, you will find that even though you thought you forgot how, you will find your self smiling.  Genuinely smiling!  You will begin to hope again.  Dream again. 

Tragedy can ruin you if you allow it.  But

If you allow God to step into your mess, your pain, your sorrows, your loss, He will help you find that spark.  I’ve encountered it in my own life.  I have witnessed others who have faced worst kind of pain and grief.  I’ve witnessed them climb out of the darkest, deepest of holes.   I’ve watched as they came back to life.  Smiled again.  Laughed again.  Hoped again.  Dreamed again.   I’ve seen the sparkle return to their eyes. 

How?  How do some people come back from such painful tragedy with such joy and grace?  I can only think of one possible explanation. 

GOD.

In the midst of great pain sorrow, they turn to God.  Only God can pull someone out of the deepest of pits.  Only God can breathe life into a hopeless soul.   Only God can remind us that there is more to His plan than pain and sorrow, even if we don’t see it.

I think back to times in my life when I have experienced heart wrenching pain and grief.   All I can think is, “How do people go through similar things without God in their lives?”  Without leaning on God, I could never experience joy amid pain.   Without God  I could have never experienced the total and complete healing that I have.  Without God I would still be walking around carrying some of the wounds from loss, pain and grief that I have known in life. 

So, when you face pain, loss, grief and tragedy, I beg you to invite Him into those emotions, those situations and allow Him to heal your broken heart. 

God will rescue you when you find yourself in a pit.

“I waited and waited for God;

At last he looked;

finally He listened.

He lifted me out of a ditch,

pulled me from the deep mud.

He stood me on a solid rock to make sure I wouldn’t slip.”

~Psalm 40:2 a (the Message)

 

God will sustain you when you find yourself sitting in darkness.

“Even to your old age and gray hairs I an He,

I am He who will sustain you.

I have made you and I will carry you;

I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”

~Isaiah 46:4

 

God will heal you and help you out of the pit.

“ ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes.

There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, “

~Revelation 21:4a

 

“God cares for each one of us, and knows the unique ways our hearts have been wounded by a painful experience. Just as a physician treats each patient differently according to their needs, God will help you heal from your heartbreak in exactly the way you need.(Dawnson McAllister)

 

God.  Only God can do that.

The safest place for your aching heart my friend is with Jesus.  He can heal your broken heart in ways we could never do with out him. 

 

"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."

Psalm 34:18

 

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

Psalm 147:3

"Fear not, nor be dismayed: for the Lord God will be with you; He will not fail you, nor forsake you!"

1 Chronicles 28:20

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart forever."

Psalm 73:26

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the sea."

Psalm 46:1-2

"For He has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So that we may boldly say, 'The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do to me.'"

Hebrews 13:5-6

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. This is so encouraging and inspiring, Renee. This life can be so painful at times, but The Holy Spirit constantly reminds me that We’re not living for THIS life. We are living for eternity!

    ReplyDelete