Over the years I have been told many times, "you need to write a book". Well, I don't know that I will ever feel called to write a book or have the time, so this may be the closest thing to it.

I am a little silly, a bit out spoken and 100% sold out for God! I could not have ever walked the path I have without my friends and family and most of all my God! Through this blog my greatest desire it that it shows the love of a savior and the amazing grace and mercy he has shown through my life!

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

I am Who You Say I am


From My Journal. Written May 21, 2021

"See how great a love the Faqther has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are."
~1 John 3:1

If some asked me who I was, How would I answer? Renee Templeton (soon to be Trainer). Fiance. Mother. Daughter. Educator. Friwend. Child of God. 
I know who I beling to. i am a child of God. On a clifftop in Guam, watching the sun rise over the Ocean, with tear-filled eyes, I prayed a prayer that forever changed my life..

Lord, I am sorry for not living 100% sold out for you. I know you love me and want me to be in relationship with you. Thank you so much for loving me enough to die on the cross for my sins, Thank you that I am forgiven. I wat to live for You. My walk walk with you will no longer be tied to anyone else. Regradless of other's choices, I will passionately presue you  from this day forward. 

Ans, from that day froward, that is what I did. I was a child of God.  It was what defined everything else in my life. I was completely sold out for Jesus. 

BUT...The truth is that sometimes I struggle to remeber who I belong to. I forget that God alone gives me my identity. If i am honest and dig a little deeper into the question of who I am, my answer might include:
I am a woman who struggles with seeing her own beauty
Sometimes I am overwhelmed with anxiety and struggle with fear
I often respond out of fear instead of faith
I can be selfih and not want to serve others
I have failed big in my past and often carry it around like a ball and chian

The truth is, sometimes I let my past, my feelings, and what other's think of me define me rather than letting God and His Word define who I am. The closer I get to the Lord, the more I understand that those other definitions are lies. Satan is a liar who wanted to keep me from walking in the Truth of who I really am. that Truth is found in GOd's Word. 

I know who I am when I know whose i am. These are the Truths about who I am and whose i am:

Nothing can seperte me from God's love (Romans 8:35-39)
I am God's work of art, His masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10)
God does not  condemn me (Romans 8:1,2)
God loves me so much that He paid to have a relationship with me by sacrificing His one and only Son (1 Corinthians 6:20)
Jesus is my daddy (Romans 8:15)
I am complete (Colossians 2:10)
I am chosen (1 Thessalonians 1:4)
I am forgiven (1John 2:12)
I am redeemed (Ephesians 1:7)
I am set free from sin (Romans 6:22)
I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)
I am called (1 Corinthians 7:17)
I Am safe in Christ (Colossians 3:3)
I am victorious (1 Corinthians 15:57)
I am accepted (Romans 15:7)
I am healed (Psalms 30:2)
I am beautiful (Song of Solomon 4:7)
I am not alone (Isaiah 4:10)
I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:10)
I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalms 139:14)
I have hope (Jerimiah 29:11)
I am God's (Isaiah 43:1)

Gos'd love for me is everlasting and unfailing. He wants me to have a relationship with HIm where I grow closer to Him and look more like Him as I abide in these truths. Rest in the truth that His steadfast love never fails. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment