Over the years I have been told many times, "you need to write a book". Well, I don't know that I will ever feel called to write a book or have the time, so this may be the closest thing to it.

I am a little silly, a bit out spoken and 100% sold out for God! I could not have ever walked the path I have without my friends and family and most of all my God! Through this blog my greatest desire it that it shows the love of a savior and the amazing grace and mercy he has shown through my life!

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Go, Turn, Hide

 


Listen to these words from Jesus...

My precious daughter, trust me! Go away from where you've been. Cut unnecessary strings to passions, ambitions, people, and pleasures dividing your affections and allegiances. Turn your energy and attention in a new direction toward new goals that I will show you. Hide yourself there, and rest until I release you.


Sometimes God calls us to a period of renewal. A place where He is preparing us for the next chapter in our lives. 

Cherith is a common English spelling of the Hebrew name כְּרִית "Kərīṯ," which comes from the Hebrew root כרת (kh*r*t), meaning to cut off or cut down. The name also signifies engraving or carving, a cutting, separation, gorge, torrent-bed, or winter stream. It is the place Elijah hid himself during the early parts of the three-year drought (1 Kings 17)

 When you find yourself in your Cherith, as Elijah did, pay attention to God's Spirit speaking to you. He places you there to hear what He has to say to you:

"Go Away From Here"

When the spirit behind to whisper this command to you, you will sense a rise of conviction in your soul about a specific aspect of your life. It will compel you t leave this "thing" behind. Often it is something you are not ready to give up. A habit. An ambition. A relationship you may not be ready to leave. He will call you to leave behind things that are keeping you from going where God wants you to go. 

"Turn"

As you choose to obey and separate yourself, God will show you a new direction, interest, or goal to pivot toward. This clarity might not be revealed immediately. Be patient. Lean into Him. And He will slowly begin reorienting your heart and hands in a new direction. When He does, Obey. Turn in that direction. Turn the way He is calling you. 

"Hide"

Take time to immerse yourself in His word, in prayer, in stillness. Listen for what He is saying to you. The lessons He wants to teach you. The spiritual disciplines He longs to renew in your life. Cut away any idols pulling against your commitment to Him and causing your devotion to be half-hearted. Then, press into the new eternal paths and the external dynamics that your Cherith requires. Stay there until He determines it is time to release you from that place. 





No comments:

Post a Comment